Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

Me and My Heart!


Me: Hey!
My Heart: Wait up there dude! I can’t hear you. Can’t you see I’m doing my errand.    Damn, you have so much blood in you.
Me: I just said “Hey”. Dork! Can’t you slow down for a minute? Okay wait I’ll lie down. You’ll have to pump less. Actually I need to talk to you.
My Heart: I can’t hear you properly. What did you just say? Could you repeat it?
Me: (Loudly) I said I wanted to talk to you. It’s urgent. Damn! Stop beating for sometime.
My Heart: You’ll die if I stop beating.
Me: Don’t eat up my head. Just slow down your motion. I’m lying now. I’ll manage to remain conscious. I really need to talk!
[My heart beats slowly now. Almost 33 beats per minute]
My Heart: Are you okay?
Me: Yeah! Now listen to me. Something has happened to me. Something weird. Did you hear that?
[I try to budge my ear in the direction of the source of the sound]
My Heart: Are you insane? Don’t you know I don’t have ears? I can just hear your inner voice, nothing else. Duffer, when will your brain grow, I wonder?
Me: Okay, stop it now. I’m sorry I forgot that. So, how are you?
My Heart: Is that the urgent thing you wanted to talk? Well, I can never be fine, unless I stop beating.
Me: Ha, ha, okay, the matter is very serious. And if I don’t share it with you and investigate, then it’ll get too late and the disaster will occur.
My Heart: Yeah, speak up. I’m listening. (To a muscle) Hey, you! Can’t you try to pump at a constant rate? You all are so lazy and I’m totally fed up! please, don’t try to test my temper or you will suffer severely.
[I feel a bit dizzy. I think the beat rate has descended more]
Me: Hey, increase the beat rate. I’m not feeling well. Make it at least 50 beats a minute. I’ll try to speak louder.
[My heart, now, is beating a bit quickly. Ah! Now I feel good]
My Heart: Are you good now?
Me: Yeah, it’s better now.
My Heart: Now let’s jump to the point. What’s the matter?
Me: The sound which I heard now, it was the sound of her footsteps and…
My Heart: (Interrupting me) Her?
Me: Yeah, that girl. Since few days, whenever I see her, something happens inside me. It is as if there is a solid lump in between my lungs and stomach. And, whenever I see her, or hear about her, or hear her speaking, that lump grows stronger and bigger and then you start beating very fast and that lump hurts me in a different way and I start feeling dizzy and then her face flashes in my head and I can’t concentrate on any task. Dude, I’m screwed.
My Heart: Oh my holy spirit! What the hell has happened to you? Who is this girl? Tell her damn name. And please, please, I beg you, don’t say that you have fallen in love again. The scars that that previous girl left in me has affected me so harshly. I was about to stop beating when she broke us up for the last time. It was just so worse. I didn’t know why you were so mad in love with her even when she broke us. Why did you go back to her again and again? At least, eventually, you left thinking about her and eradicated her every part from inside you. But, you know, memories never die. Sometimes, I too get emotional. I wonder if you sense it.
Me: Leave about her. Whatever happened, had to happen. It was inevitable. At least I learned a lesson. And this new girl, her name is Taylor. She is my friend. But I didn’t know this will happen. I don’t expect anything from her. For her, I’m her friend, just a simple one. And, I promise, I’ll never take this level to a higher state. Never! She is good, but still, I don’t trust girls with relationships. I think I’ll let her go. Now, I’ll control our talks and will be in my limits.
My Heart: Yup, that’s best for both of us. And yes, I had been feeling that something was going wrong with you but, you know, how much I’ve to work. I’m working without stopping for even a second. The last time we had a talk, it was long back. Since then, I’m just struggling to keep you alive. And better just remain friends and if you can’t control, then just stop talking to her and remove her from everything. I can’t see you broken again. And love breaks heart. It’s me who suffers the most damage. My hectic life turns into hell more hectic. It has taken almost a year to ease the pain of the scars that I bear. But the words will never get erased. They’ll never die.
Me: Yeah, you suffered a lot. I can never forget that. Okay, I just wanted to make sure whether it’s an attraction or love. And you know how to test that, don’t you?
My Heart: Yep, I do. Wait, let me check the “Love” room. The guitar placed inside was once strummed and the sound was so melodic. But that didn’t exist for long. It turned into a ghastly sound and the strings got poisoned. But I’ve mend it. They’re fine now. Safe in me.
[Heart goes inside the room. It hears a very melodic sound and it hits every atom of the room, making the walls of the room vibrate with it. The scene is very amazing but it’s a sign of love! And that is worse]
Me: Dude, why are you taking so long? Is the guitar even there?
[My heart is surprised. It is fearing with the very sound which is so soft, silky and is ringing as if it is the best tune in the world. I’m astonished! I want my heart to speak. I want it to tell me the consequence. Am I in love again? Or is it just infatuation? I want to know. I’m anxious]
My Heart: Listen to me carefully. From now on, yeah, from this very moment you are never going to see her. You’ll not talk to her. You’ll not go near her. You’ll stop thinking about her. You’re not going to let her dwell in any part of you ‘cause if this time I’ll break, I will stop beating and you will get demised. I can’t suffer again. I can’t dance on the tunes of another girl and I can’t share myself with her heart. Please, for my sake, for your very heart’s sake, leave her alone. Let me be alone. Well, you can just let her go. Maybe that is better idea than to entangle with her. What if you break her heart this time? Dude, think, think thoroughly. This is a serious drama. You better get out of it. Now I am going. Think a thousand times before making the next move. Save yourself from disaster and save me too. I gotta go, see you.
[My heart goes back to its work and now its beating at a normal rate]
So, what’s the conclusion? To let you go and let you be happy or try to cage you to me? I’m bewildered. I don’t know when did you strum the guitar of my heart. How did you do it? Is your voice so magical? Are your moves so flawless? Well, whatever, I’m not going to hurt me; and more importantly, I don’t want my delicate heart to be a victim and feel the pain and the hostility again.
So my dear friend, you are free from me. Now I am going to throw that guitar. No guitar, no strumming, no melody, eventually, no love.
This time I am neglecting my mind and am listening to my heart. And, I don’t want to die too.
So, you, that beautiful creation of the ever glowing and immortal nature, stay happy. ‘Cause I’m happy with your euphoria. I don’t want to be selfish. Not this time!










No comments:

Post a Comment